Lycos News5 Feb 2016
TOKYO (Reuters) - A Japanese volcano about 50 km (30 miles) from a nuclear plant erupted on Friday, shooting ash nearly 2 km into the night sky along with fountains of lava, but there were no immediate report of damage and operations at the power station were not affected.
- Lycos News26 Jan 2016
- www.imdb.com/title/tt0120461 Directed by Mick Jackson. With Tommy Lee Jones, Anne Heche, Gaby Hoffmann, Don Cheadle. A volcano erupts in downtown L.A., threatening to destroy the city.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcano A volcano is a rupture in the crust of a planetary-mass object, such as Earth, that allows hot lava, volcanic ash, and gases to escape from a magma chamber below the ...
- environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/.../volcano-profile Get Volcano facts, photos, wallpapers, news and safety tips at National Geographic.
- www.weatherwizkids.com/weather-volcano.htm Volcanoes (Volcanoes are not associated with weather, but instead are natural disasters.) What is a volcano? A volcano is a mountain that opens downward to a pool ...
- volcano.oregonstate.edu Ever wonder what it would be like to live on an island that is completely comprised of a volcano? Sounds cool right? But what happens if that volcano erupts?
- volcanoes.usgs.gov Monitors volcanoes and collects scientific information on volcanoes in the United States and elsewhere to reduce the risk from volcanic activity.
- www.livescience.com/topics/volcanoes Volcanoes are vents in Earth's surface where molten rock, ash and gases erupt. Some volcanoes are active, others dormant and others extinct.
- video.nationalgeographic.com/video/101-videos/volcanoes-101 Volcanoes are as dangerous as they are majestic. Over 50 eruptions rock our planet every year. This video helps you understand what causes volcanoes to form and erupt ...
- www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/volcano A volcano is a place on the Earth's surface (or any other planet's or moon's surface) where molten rock, gases and pyroclastic debris erupt through the earth's crust.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcano_(1997_film) Volcano is a 1997 disaster film directed by Mick Jackson and produced by Andrew Z. Davis, Neal H. Moritz and Lauren Shuler Donner. The storyline was conceived from a ...