Lycos News5 Feb 2016
(Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has denied the expanded use of Vertex Pharmaceutical Inc's bestseller, Kalydeco, in certain cystic fibrosis patients, the company said on Friday.
- Lycos News4 Feb 2016
- Lycos News26 Jan 2016
- www.cdc.gov/STD/bv/STDFact-Bacterial-Vaginosis.htm What is bacterial vaginosis? Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is an infection caused when too much of certain bacteria change the normal balance of bacteria in the vagina.
- www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/bacterial-and-viral-infections What’s the difference between a bacterial and viral infection? WebMD explains, and provides information on the causes and treatments for both.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteria Bacteria display a wide diversity of shapes and sizes, called morphologies. Bacterial cells are about one-tenth the size of eukaryotic cells and are typically 0.5–5 ...
- www.cdc.gov/meningitis/bacterial.html Bacterial meningitis is usually severe. While most people with meningitis recover, it can cause serious complications, such as brain damage, hearing loss, or learning ...
- medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/bacterial bac·te·ri·al (bak-tēr'ē-ăl), Relating to bacteria. bacterial /bac·te·ri·al/ (-al) pertaining to or caused by bacteria. bacterial (băk-tîr′ē-əl)
- www.mayoclinic.org/infectious-disease/expert-answers/faq-20058098 As you might think, bacterial infections are caused by bacteria, and viral infections are caused by viruses. Perhaps the most important distinction between bacteria ...
- www.microbeworld.org/types-of-microbes/bacteria Bacteria consist of only a single cell, ... Some bacterial cells exist as individuals while others cluster together to form pairs, chains, squares or other groupings.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacterial_vaginosis Bacterial vaginosis (BV), also known as vaginal bacteriosis or Gardnerella vaginitis,  is a disease of the vagina caused by excessive growth of bacteria.
- www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/tc/bacterial-vaginosis-topic-overview Bacterial vaginosis is a mild infection of the vagina caused by bacteria. Normally, there are a lot of "good" bacteria and some "bad" bacteria in the vagina.
- www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/bacteria/bacteria.html Introduction to the Bacteria. Bacteria are often maligned as the causes of human and animal disease (like this one, Leptospira, which causes serious disease in ...